Hyatt Regency Minneapolis
1300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis, MN 55403
Early-bird Registration is now OPEN
Check this off of your to-do list and register today!
Catch a glimpse of our action-packed visit to “Mill City:”
- The opening night Get Acquainted Party will include light fare, entertainment, and a cash bar
- The National Awards Breakfast & Ceremony will be held on Thursday morning
- The State and Chapter Awards Ceremony & Reception will be held on Wednesday evening. Yup, you read right! The awards ceremony is being split into two separate events. This ceremony will highlight state/chapter awards, while the national awards will be presented on Thursday morning.
- The Research Symposium, Listening in Noise will be on Friday morning.
- Sunday will be available for the Twin Cities Highlights tour. You will want to take some time to explore Minneapolis and the surrounding area. There is so much to see and do!
- Educational workshops will focus on: Hearing Assistive Technology (HAT), Advocacy, Living with Hearing Loss, Hearing Aids & Cochlear Implants, and Hearing Loss in Health Care Settings
HLAA2018 Convention Walk4Hearing
Friday, June 22
After a full day workshops, you will want to take this time to stretch out your legs and get moving! Step up with the Walk4Hearing and join us for a relaxing walk. We will circle back to the Hyatt Regency where you can freshen up, grab some dinner and prepare yourselves for an evening with Mandy Harvey! Walkers will receive a Walk4Hearing t-shirt and bottled water.
An Evening with Mandy Harvey
Friday, June 22
Many of you may have heard or seen Mandy Harvey on this season of America’s Got Talent. Mandy is an award winning singer, songwriter and motivational speaker who has a hearing loss. Her appearance on America’s Got Talent got her the “golden buzzer” from Simon Cowell to pass to the next round. The emotional video of her performance went viral, touching people all over the world.
We are elated to announce that YOU get to experience an Evening with Mandy Harvey at the HLAA2018 Convention! Mandy and her band will be performing on Friday, June 22, 2018.
West Side Story at the Guthrie Theater
Saturday, June 23
If you know Minneapolis, then you know about its already rich cultural landscape -specifically its theater scene. The Guthrie Theater, founded in 1963, is an American center for theater performance, production, education and professional training. You get to experience the world-class theatrical production of West Side Story at the Guthrie Theater Saturday evening! The theater will be looped and sign language interpretation will be available for those who need it. Please refer to the Communication Access page for more information on how to request these accommodations. Transportation to and from the theater will be provided.
Sign Language Interpretation is available for all plenary sessions. You may request interpreters for specific workshops and for the West Side Story performance on Saturday evening by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests must be sent by June 1, 2018. Workshop schedules will be posted in the spring.
Hearing loops and CART/Captioning will be in use in all workshops and plenary sessions.
Experience Prince’s Minneapolis
Fun fact about Minneapolis: it’s home to the American musician Prince! His journey started in Minneapolis, where the city helped shape him into the man and artist he became.
Prince left his mark on Minneapolis and now visitors can experience the city through his eyes by embarking on a self-guided tour of places including his childhood home, clubs and bars where he used to perform, Purple Rain sites and more!
You can’t travel all the way to Minneapolis and not see the gorgeous sights of the city! Minneapolis is filled with exciting attractions, culture, recreation and entertainment. During this three-hour tour, you will explore Minnesota’s charming capital city of St. Paul, see Minnehaha falls, drive along Summit Avenue, catch a glimpse of the beautiful Minneapolis skyline and more!
Be sure to reserve your spot today for the Twin Cities Highlights tour on Sunday, June 24 from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Please indicate whether you will need an Assistive Listening Device when you book your tour online.